Are you a passionate traveller, foodie, or you know more about wine than most people and are waiting for your chance to write about it? Would you like to write for a fast growing website and one of the best in it’s field?
Well, you’re in luck, travelfoodandwine is now open to guest post contributions. There’s a contact form at the bottom of this page, but because we have very strict guidelines for you to follow please make sure that you read everything below before getting in touch.
Most of our current writers are full-time journo’s for mags and newspapers, so we’ve got higher standards than many web sites.
- Importantly we don’t run any article that is less 750 words.
- As you can see from the site photographs are very important to us, so if you can supply some that’s great.
- Very importantly we don’t run articles that are over seo’d, or too keyword rich.
- Ideally they also need to be written in the first person, and have a touch of humour about them/not be over serious. Crack a joke or two perhaps.
- We also don’t use anything that looks like it’s been rewritten from an existing article.
- We use headshots of all our contributors. So you have to supply one or send us a link to a photograph of you that we can use.
- It’s important to read through this entire page because we immediately reject anything that doesn’t fit our style or follow the criteria.
- We will only allow links in the article or sig file to personal or travel, food, or wine related sites.
So What are we looking for?
- Destination and resort reviews
- Travel Pictures
- Personal experience travel stories about any country in the world.
- Recipes, food, and cooking stories and videos
- Everything about wine and the places that grow grapes.
- And much, much more.
Photo’s are important to us, and should be sent 640px wide and screen/email resolution, or we should have permission to use photo’s from the site you are linking to/promoting. If you can’t supply them we will still consider your article, because if we have to we can source them elsewhere. (though it would really make things easier for us if you can provide them)
It’s the quality of the writing, and the subject matter that’s important. Perhaps a few touches of humour. Keep it light-hearted anyway. And no sales pitches. Don’t make it like something you’d read in a travel brochure that’s trying to get you to book a certain package deal.
- Important: Posts should be written in the first person, using a conversationalist tone.
- Ideally they need to be about your own personal experiences, about somewhere you’ve been, or done, drunk or eaten.
So if you were writing about a trip to Paris, for instance, don’t write
something like this:
“The Eiffel Tower is located on the Champ de Mars in Paris. Built in 1889, it has become one of the most recognizable structures in the world. The tower is the tallest building in Paris, and one of the most visited monuments in the world with millions climbing it every year. Named after its designer, engineer Gustave Eiffel, the tower was built as the entrance arch to the 1889 World’s Fair.And he could never have dreamed of its future in countless movies and living in the dreams of so many visitors.”
Instead we are looking for writers who can write about what it feels like to see the tower, to talk about the crowds and the boy eating frites who kept throwing them at passers-by, and how it’s unnerving to see all the police patrolling near it armed with machine guns.
What it’s like to look down from the top and feel a fear of it suddenly collapsing.
And mainly written in the first person. “I found it unnerving to be under the watch of an unsmiling gendarme cradling a machine gun. ”
Or using “We” instead of I… “We found it unnerving to be under the watch of police with machine guns”
I’m sure you get the picture. Write real and personal stories. Not the usual low quality stuff written just to try to get backlinks. (Note: we will only link to personal or travel, food, or wine related sites)
Quality content ranks higher, especially these days, so spend some time on it.
Ok, I’ve read all the criteria, so what’s the next step?
Just fill out the form below. Tell us what you’d like to write about, or list several ideas for blog posts you would be interested in contributing. If we like your ideas,we’ll respond quickly and let you know.
It would also be great if you can send us a short sample of your writing, or maybe send us links to some of your work on another website.